About the Unit
The First Airlift Base is a military unit, that is a branch of Polish Air Force.
Created after reformed Air Base, it started its activity on 1st January 2012 under the Minister’s of National Defence resolution of 5th August 2011.
Principal activities of the Base:
- Realization of the airlift tasks, transportation of the key personnel of Polish government and organizational units of the Ministry of National Defence;
- Supporting the activity of Polish Air Force Command and its branch units and institutions.
Other key tasks of the First Airlift Base are:
- Providing the financial and logistic support for current activities of Polish Air Force Command, the Air Operations Center, Polish Armed Forces Operations Center, Polish Air Force Club, the Air Force Teleinformatic Support Center, the 4th Area of Teleinformatic Support, the Command of the 3 Air Defence Brigade, the 38th Division of the Air Defense Support, The Command of Polish Armed Forces’ Air Traffic Services, the Command of the Hydrometeorological Service of the Polish Armed Forces, the Military Institute of Aviation Medicine and other subunits of the Base, including the Military Airport Terminal.
- Securing the current needs of cars’ and handling facilities’ maintenance, periodical aircraft overhauls, ground support.
- Keeping the airport infrastructure and the Base in constant readiness to be put into operation
- Realization of military complexes’ security tasks,
- Supporting diplomatic visits of foreign guests.
translation: Monika Orłowska